The Annual Cranberry Harvest Celebration this year will be held on October 10 & 11, 2015 at A.D. Makepeace Company Headquarters 158 Tihonet Road, Wareham, MA http://admakepeace.com/events_tours_functions/calendar_of_events/cranberry_harvest_celebration_october_10_and_11
As we head into Fall and the holidays, I thought I'd include a delicious chutney you can make with cranberries and apples from the Cape Cod Cranberry Grower's Association:
1 cup whole fresh or frozen cranberries
2 ½ cup tart apples, peeled, cored and cubed
½ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, slivered
¾ teaspoon salt
½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
½ cup walnuts, chopped
¼ cup golden raisins
½ chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- Gather all ingredients.
- Wash cranberries, remove stems.
- In 5 quart heavy saucepan combine cubed apples, vinegar, sugar, ginger, salt, sweetened dried cranberries.
- Bring to boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered 5 minutes or just until apples are tender but still hold their shape.
- Add nuts and whole cranberries. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Put in tight sealing container. Store in refrigerator.
Source: Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association
Photo credit: Charles Armstrong